Corporate Programs – Group Accent Reduction
Many organizations have groups of people who perform specific jobs in which they interact with American-English speakers, such as call-center agents, programmers and software engineers, back-office personnel and health care professionals. ALTA’s Group Accent Reduction Programs are designed for these situations.
Group sizes range from 2 to 20 if training is delivered face-to-face and up to three participants, if training is delivered live online. Face-to-face larger groups can be accommodated but reduce the amount of teacher-student interaction that each participant experiences.
Depending on the size of the group class, face-to-face corporate language training programs should be scheduled for 5 to 10 hours with the option for the participants to take some individual live online or telephone sessions with a trainer. Other arrangements may be recommended, depending on each particular situation.
- U.S. – Programs are available at your location or at our training center in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Outside the U.S. – Programs are available at your location.
- Live Online – Live Online Group Programs are also available.
The group members should all come from the same first-language group, for example, all should be Hindi speakers or Mandarin speakers, etc.
- The ALTA Group Training Process is followed.
- The optional American Culture program can be included in the training.
Typical Program Contents
- Understanding Your Assessment
- Pronunciation (approximately 20 sounds)
- Word Stress – word list
- American Numbers, Names, Locations
- Common Sentences
- Role Play in Groups
- American Culture
Each student receives a lesson book for use in class as well as access to the online homework and the Daily Email Word Stress Program.
All trainers are ALTA-Certified Accent Reduction specialists.