Accent Reduction Quality Control Process
A stringent Quality Control Process has been devised to continuously enhance the quality of our accent reduction training programs:
- All of our trainers and accent reduction specialists meet or exceed the minimum selection criteria in terms of education and past experience. Each trainer and accent reduction specialist undergoes training on ALTA materials and methodology so that the highest quality assurance may be maintained. ALTA has a well-defined process for certifying trainers and accent reduction specialists.
- Our accent reduction specialists must demonstrate that they are experienced in teaching English as a Second Language (ESL).
- Our accent reduction specialists are tested to demonstrate that they have the Standard American Accent.
- Accent reduction candidate trainers who pass the accent test receive training in how to teach Accent Reduction using ALTA’s methods and materials. Included in this is demonstrating understanding of how to teach pronunciation, intonation and word stress.
- Finally, the accent reduction candidate trainers must pass live training exercises in which the trainers demonstrate that they can actually teach the lessons.