Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) for American Sign Language (ASL)
ALTA's Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) service connects those who are Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing to a live-online interpreter instantly, using our specially designed application available on all devices. Our platform is available for use 24/7/365, giving our clients expanded access to professional ASL interpreters in areas where on-site interpreters may be unavailable. We also provide specialized ASL interpreters in various fields such as medical, legal, technical, and can even be utilized for personal day-to-day use.
What is VRI?
Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) is a service that offers communication between persons who are deaf or hard-of-hearing, and hearing persons in the same location. VRI employs a webcam, digital screen and Internet connection to resolve the communication barrier by providing instant access to an off-site Sign Language interpreter who interprets in real-time.
How does ALTA's Platform Work?
ALTA's user-friendly platform operates on devices including desktops, laptops, iPads, and Windows-based tablets, for both Android and iOS devices. We can also provide the required equipment and software to ensure our VRI platform will perform on your device(s). We take privacy and confidentiality seriously; ALTA's VRI platform operates through a Virtual Private Network (VPN), making sure all calls are encrypted. It also ensures that we are HIPAA compliant for our healthcare clients.We take VRI services one step further by giving you the ability to select the gender and skill set of our ASL interpreters.
How to Use ALTA's VRI Platform
Follow these easy steps to connect with a high quality ASL interpreter:
1. First install our software - an application will appear on your device. This app is readily available once downloaded, and can be launched whenever you need an ASL interpreter . You may also access the interpreters by using our desktop site via Google Chrome.
2. Our home page will appear after logging in with your secured username and password.
3. Select the preferred gender and skillset or subject matter expertise (examples: medical, engineering, education, etc.)
4. After clicking "Search", your interpreter will appear on the screen.
5. Begin your session!
Get Started with a Free Demo ALTA's VRI Services!
Connect with one of our Project Managers during business hours to schedule a free demo for our VRI service. Our clients find our VRI platform easy to use, while offering a high level of interpretation service to members of your party who are hard of hearing. Email us today, call 404.920.3860, or complete the contact form to learn more.
The Benefits of VRI
- No travel cost
- No Joint Commission compliance requirements
- Reduce number of invoices by consolidating with fewer providers/suppliers
What are the Benefits of ALTA's VRI Services?
- 24/7/365 Convenience: Start a session any time the client and staff are ready. American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreters are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- No Scheduling Effort or Cost: Pay only for the actual time used and not the time spent connecting or finding an ASL interpreter
- On-Demand Availability: Last minute requests for ASL interpreters are almost always fulfilled immediately due to on-demand availability
- Private Calls: ALTA's VRI tool bar allows a privacy screen to be activated at any time