Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) for American Sign Language (ASL)
ALTA’s Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) service connects those who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing to a live-online interpreter instantly, using our specially designed application. Our platform is available for use 24/7/365, giving our clients expanded access to interpreters in areas where an on-site interpreter may be unavailable. Video remote interpreters average over 2,000 interpreting sessions per year, in various fields such as medical, legal, technical, and can even be utilized for personal day-to-day use.
Our “VRI Direct” platform operates on desktops, laptops, iPads, and Windows-based tablets. We can also provide equipment and software to ensure that the VRI platform will perform on your device(s). ALTA’s video interpretation platform provides an alternative to solving your language needs, while protecting the privacy of all parties involved.
How does VRI work?
The VRI platform is very user friendly, while giving clients the ability to select the gender and skill set of our American Sign Language interpreters. You just need to follow a few easy steps to be connected to a high-quality interpreter:
1. First install our software - an app called “VRI Direct” will appear on your desktop. This app is readily available once downloaded, and can be launched when the need for an ASL interpreter arises
2. Our home page will appear after logging in with your secured username and password
3. You will then select a gender and a skill (medical/engineering/education etc.) for the interpreter you wish to connect with
4. After clicking “Search”, you will see a list of available interpreters: connect to the interpreter of your choice by just clicking his/her telephone handset icon
5. Begin your session!
Let’s get started!
Our dedicated Project Managers are available during business hours to provide you with a FREE demo. ALTA’s clients find our video remote interpretation service simple to manage, while offering support to members of your organization whom are Hard of Hearing. Email us today, call 404.920.3860, or complete the contact form to learn more.
- No cancellation charges - place the call only when the service is needed
- Pay only for the actual time used, making VRI much more efficient and cost-effective
- No travel cost
- No Joint Commission compliance requirements
- Reduce invoicing burdens by consolidating with fewer providers/suppliers
- Convenience: Start a session any time the client and staff are ready
- No scheduling effort or cost. American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreters are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Due to the depth of the video remote interpreter network, availability is not impacted by illness, bad weather, traffic, etc.
- Last minute requests for ASL interpreters are almost always fulfilled immediately due to on-demand availability
- VRI tool bar allows a privacy screen to be activated at any time
Establishing a VRI account is fast and easy. If you would like to test our service, please ask us to setup a free demo. You can email us, call 404.920.3860, or complete the form on this page to learn more. Once your account is established, it only takes about a minute to be connected with an American Sign Language video interpreter.