Among the most difficult things for English learners to master is proper intonation and pronunciation when speaking over the phone. Part of ALTA’s accent reduction training includes interactive homework lessons featuring recordings of real-world scenarios.
The following recordings (MP3 files that you can listen to repeatedly, or download for use on any media player) will guide you through 33 typical English phrases used during telephone conversation in a professional setting. Listen, repeat, and practice!
1. Hello. Could I speak to Mr. John Smith, please?
2. Who's calling, please?
3. One moment, please. I'll put you through.
4. I'll put Mr. Smith on.
5. I'll transfer you.
6. I am afraid the line's busy. Would you like to hold?
7. No. I'll call back later.
8. Could you tell me who is responsible for…?
9. Could I speak with someone who deals with…?
10. Could I take your number?
11. Can I leave a message?
12. Ok. I'll let him know.
13. I'll ask him to call you back.
14. I'll pass on the message.
15. I got your message. I'm returning your call.
16. How can I help you?
17. Is now a convenient time to talk?
18. I am a little busy right now.
19. Would you like me to call you back?
20. When is a good time to call?
21. Could you send me an email to confirm that?
22. I am not sure I understand. What do you mean by that?
23. It's a bad line. Could you please speak up?
24. Sorry, could you speak more slowly, please?
25. Sorry, could you say that again?
26. I didn't catch your last name.
27. How do you spell that?
28. Just to check that I am clear on this…
29. Just to make sure I understand it correctly…
30. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
31. Thanks for calling. I'll speak to you later.
32. Thank you very much for your help.
33. You're welcome.
To download these phrases for playback on any MP3 compatible device, simply right click and “save link as” or “save target as” — DOWNLOAD .
Back to Accent Reduction Home.