Technical Translation Services
Writing technical documents and manuals requires specialized skills. It should come as no surprise that technical document translation services also require a high level of talent and ability. Simply knowing two languages isn’t enough. High quality technical translations require a translator with an industry-specific background with knowledge of the necessary technical terms. Product packaging, industrial manuals, and a variety of other documents fall within this category. ALTA’s technical translators combine a career skill or industry knowledge with native knowledge of the target language. As a result, we provide on-time, on-budget technical translation of the highest quality. Call Us or fill out our form for a quote today.
The Right Translation Tools and Software
There’s often a design or layout component to technical translation. Whether you’re translating product packaging, product manuals, user manuals, user guides, patents, Material Date Safety Sheets, specifications, or technical drawings, we can help. ALTA can provide turnkey service to lay out and return your document in its native format. As a language service agency with more than 30 years of experience, we’ve learned the industry best practices. Just a few of the software files we support include: AutoCad, InDesign, PageMaker, FrameMaker, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and more.
Why Trust ALTA with Your Technical Translation?
- ISO Certification. ALTA’s Translation Quality Management System is ISO Certified. This ensures we have the correct processes and procedures in place to create a high-quality translation. What does this mean for you? Accurate translation you can trust.
- Proven Success providing Technical Translations. For more than 30 years, ALTA has managed thousands of projects involving technical language for highly specialized industries. Our translation clients for this type of work have returned to us again and again.
- Technical specialists: Unlike some other agencies, ALTA only uses a team of technical translators for technical translation projects. These dedicated professional translators have resource materials, education, and industry experience that no general translator could match.
- Translation memory. As a translation company, we have access to premium translation technology. ALTA uses cutting edge translation tools to archive your translations and leverage previously translated items against future work. This results in a substantial reduction in time and cost needed to complete your projects. Our translation memory software will ensure the highest level of quality with guaranteed efficiency.
- A full-service agency. We provide more than professional linguists and translated text. ALTA can place translated source text directly into your English layout. This allows us to provide you with a document that’s ready to print.
- Packaging translation services. Whether you require packaging translations for food products, multilingual product labels, or more, we can help. Our packaging translation service includes packaging design, font recommendations, and final sign off on print proofs.
- Free quotations. A project manager from our translation team will analyze your project and deliver a free quotation today. Call 800.895.8210 or fill out and send the Free Quote form above. We can help with rush jobs and quick turnaround time projects.
Technical Translation in the Language You Need:
- Traditional Chinese
- Simplified Chinese
Technical Documents, A Real World Scenario
Your company is exporting a popular food product internationally for the first time. But first, you need the packaging and ingredient label translated into Spanish. You have an employee on staff who handles customer service inquiries in Spanish, but she says she doesn’t feel comfortable with this type of translation. You’ve tried machine translation, but she says the text doesn’t look right. On top of that, you’ve noticed the text is almost 25% longer and flowing off the page. What do you do?
ALTA can match your product with an expert who has translated thousands of ingredient labels. We’ll work with you to determine the best dialect of Spanish for your target audience. We’ll also prep your design files and flow the text in, handling any text expansion so that you have a final, print-ready label ready for production in only a manner of days.
Take The Next Step…
For more information about the technical translation process, or to obtain a free estimate, give us a call. You can reach us at 800.895.8210 or fill out the Free Quote form.
Back to Translation Services