Technical Translation Services
Technical translations require not only a skilled linguist, but a technical translator with an industry-specific background. Product packaging, industrial manuals, and a variety of other specialized documents fall within this category. Many of ALTA’s linguists combine a career skill or industry knowledge with native knowledge of the target language.
Technical Translation in the Language You Need:
- Traditional Chinese
- Simplified Chinese
The Right Tools
Whether you’re translating product packaging, product manuals, user manuals, patents, Material Date Safety Sheets, specifications, or technical drawings, there’s often a design component to technical translation. ALTA can provide turnkey service to lay out and return your document in its native format, be that AutoCad, InDesign, PageMaker, FrameMaker, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and more.
Why Trust ALTA With Your Technical Translation?
- ISO Certification. ALTA’s Translation Quality Management System is ISO Certified, ensuring we have the correct processes and procedures in place to create a high-quality translation.
- Proven Success providing Technical Translations. For more than 30 years, ALTA has managed thousands of projects involving technical language for highly specialized industries, and our clients for this type of work have returned to us again and again.
- Technical specialists: Unlike some other agencies, ALTA only uses technical translators for technical translation projects. These dedicated professionals have resource materials, educational background and industry experience that no general translator could match.
- We leverage translated text against new projects: ALTA uses the most modern translation resource tools to archive your translations and leverage them against new work, often resulting in a substantial reduction in time and cost.
- A full-service agency: ALTA can place translated source text directly into your English layout, allowing us to provide you with a document that’s ready to print.
- Free quotations: A project manager will analyze your project and deliver a free quotation today. Call 800.895.8210 or fill out and send the Free Quote form above.
Writing technical documents and manuals requires highly-specialized skills. It should come as no surprise, then, that technical document translation also requires a high level of talent and ability.
In commercial applications, technical writing can take the form of installation and owner’s manuals, operator manuals, user documentation, material safety data sheets (MSDSs), training materials, online help and more. Marketing materials such as white papers, as well as legal disclaimers and warranties, also fall within the scope of technical writing. This highly-specialized type of writing requires that technical translations not only be accurate, but also that they convey complex concepts with a concise precision.
Take The Next Step…
For more information about the technical translation process, or to obtain a free estimate, give us a call at 800.895.8210 or fill out the Free Quote form above.
Back to Translation Services